Oh my gosh....that Anger is taking over!!!
The 12 anger management strategies are:
- Count backwards from 10.
- Take 3 deep breaths.
- Exercise or play to let off some steam/energy.
- Find a quiet place.
- Vent! Talk to someone!
- Tell yourself calming statements. (It’s okay. Keep calm. Relax.)
- Lie down and relax.
- Tense your body- then relax it. (Repeat)
- Use an I-Message. (I feel angry when you ___. I want you to ___.)
- Think peaceful thoughts. (relaxing by the pool, holding your pet, hugging a parent)
- Walk away.
- Avoid anger triggers.